ActiveReports helps you design, customise, publish and view data in your business applications. It has the tools to design everything from simple invoices to complex statistical data visualisations. You can even enable your end users to design reports for themselves while retaining control over their access to your application data.
The software is available in two editions:
- Professional: It offers all the features of ActiveReports plus the End User Designer control, Maps, HTTP Handlers, the WebViewer control, DocX exporting and advanced PDF export options
- Standard: It offers viewer controls, three report types, a range of exports and a Visual Studio-integrated report designer with a toolbox full of report controls
ActiveReports 11 is faster than ever before. Now with native support for JSON, CSV and XML datasources you can access data from NoSQL datasources. Multiple axes charts, importing report layouts from Excel files, PDF print presets and tweaks in report items further enhance your report design and runtime experience.
- Report Types for Every Need:
- Page Reports: Layout Driven Reports - This report type is great for billing statements, mail merge, catalogs, forms and other reports with layout constrictions.
- RDL Reports: Data Driven Reports - RDL reports are like a continuous roll of paper. You can use multiple report components in one page (traditionally impossible without sub-reports) and multiple data sources in one report.
- Section Reports: Traditional Banded Reports - This is the traditional ActiveReports banded report with a detail section for repeating data and optional header and footer sections for groups, pages and the overall report.
- Complete Collection of Data Visualisation Controls: ActiveReports outfits you with a toolbox packed with controls to help you create any kind of report you can imagine, from interactive matrices that the user can expand and collapse to clickable maps and charts, to scannable barcodes and printable books with tables of contents.
- Customisable Viewers for Every Platform: Embed our customisable viewers into your applications to give your users a table of contents, thumbnails, drilldown interactivity, parameters and even annotations. They are royalty-free and ready to use, so there is no need to code your own.
- Dynamic Reports: With an extensive .NET API, you can control Section Report behavior using events or even design dynamic reports entirely in code. Use property expressions to change the run-time behavior of controls in RDL and Page reports.
- Self-Service Reporting for Your End Users: End users always ask for tweaks in standard reports. Give them the power to make the changes themselves with a fully customisable set of report designer controls.
- Integrated with ActiveReports Server Core: Create reports in the developer friendly Visual Studio integrated report designer or the End User Designer controls and publish them, along with related resources, directly to the ActiveReports Server Core for user access.