ActiveReports for ActiveX/COM is fully integrated into the Visual Basic programming environment and allows you to create rich reports without cryptic scripts or work-arounds. Features robust design-time environment including report wizard, support for DAO, ADO and OLE DB, support for VB events and more. Reports are compiled into your VB application for increased runtime performance.
- Multiple report types to fit your reporting needs: Fixed Page Layout gives developers a new way of creating reports where layout is the primary focus. Great for creating invoices, prospectus reports, forms or other highly structured reports.
- Fast .NET reporting engine: ActiveReports is optimised for speed. Its unique architecture allows the lean reporting engine to quickly read records from the data source and immediately render them to the output device. The simplicity of the design allows the data to pass through quickly from processing to rendering.
- Flexible .NET API: The extensive ActiveReports API allows Visual Basic and C# developers to completely control the report processing engine to fit their needs.
- Data Visualisation and Layout: Create professional-quality reports in any size with nearly endless layout options using the lightweight data visualisation controls, including: textbox, checkbox, line, shape, cross section box, image, formatted text with mail merge, barcode (2D and 3D), chart and more.
- Rich Data Binding: .NET data sources allow you to connect to any of the standard databases, plus .NET in-memory objects and collections. In addition, unbound data mode opens up the report to data from anywhere, in any form. If your application can access it, so can the report engine.
- Visual Studio Integrated Design Time: The ActiveReports report designer integrates with the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE allowing C# and Visual Basic developers to create reports and compile them into their Windows Forms, ASP.NET and Silverlight applications.
- Cross-platform Support: ActiveReports offers built-in report viewers for Windows Forms, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight and HTML. All include built-in search functions, hyperlink interaction, table of contents and multi-page zoom view support.
- Support for Migration from Other Reporting Tools: ActiveReports helps you preserve your past investments with easy report conversion from Microsoft Access and SAP Crystal Reports, thus greatly reducing the effort involved in recreating old reports when you migrate.
- Global Options and Localisation Support: Localise the ActiveReports user interface to meet the needs of all of your international users. (There are fully localised Chinese and Japanese versions for those specific markets.)
- Deployment: ActiveReports uses XCOPY deployment, making installation of your applications incredibly simple. There are no special merge modules to include, no licensing servers to install alongside your application and no onerous activation procedures to go through.