ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server is a messaging framework to send, receive and process SMS and e-mail messages.
- SMS: Send and Receive SMS messages on multiple communication lines simultaneously. Incoming SMS messages are stored in a central, vendor-independent message database and outgoing SMS messages are fetched from the message database and sent through an available GSM/SMPP communication channel. All SMS communications can be viewed real-time using the SMS Messaging Monitor application.
- E-mail: Send and Receive e-mail messages on multiple network connections simultaneously. All E-mail communications can be viewed real-time using the SMS Messaging Monitor application.
- Database: All configuration information is stored in a central, vendor independent database. An MS Access based configuration is installed by default. SQL scripts are provided to streamline migration to MS SQL or any other vendor-independent database.
- Scripting low/medium volume: Incoming messages can be processed by one or more VBScript based 'Trigger scripts'. Trigger scripts allow basically any kind of logic, creating new messages in reply, starting external applications, etc..
- Message processing high volumes: For high volume processing of incoming messages the SMS Messaging Server API can be used in a stand alone application. The SMS Messaging Server includes a C# based example for high volume processing of incoming messages.
- Monitoring, Logging and Tracing: The Monitor application shows the real-time activity of the channels. All modem operations and network operations (SMPP, POP3 and SMTP) can be viewed real-time. Logging can be written to text files, an MS Access database, MS SQL server or any other OLE-DB/ADO compliant database. Product is shipped with an Access database file that works out-of-the-box. Message tracing allows you to see exactly what happened with a message, at what time.