BackupAssist makes backups and data protection simple by performing automatic, scheduled backups of Microsoft Windows Servers. With server backup software solutions for both local and Internet-based backup, the ability to back up everything from individual files to complete servers (including Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server), both physical and virtual and support for a wide range of backup devices. BackupAssist is designed for small to medium sized organisations.
- Hyper-V Tab: BackupAssist v9 will automatically detect when it’s installed on a Hyper-V Server and display a new tab in the User Interface. The Hyper-V tab makes your life easy by giving you fast, clear-cut control over your Hyper-V backup environment.
- Rapid VM Recovery: The Hyper-V Advanced Add-on now includes Rapid VM Recovery, a brand new feature that allows you to quickly spin up your Hyper-V guests from their backup location. This means if live guests become unavailable, backups of those guests can take over and provide the same functions and services, giving you time to plan and schedule full recoveries of the live guests.
- Bootable Backups: Make any image-level backup to external drives a recoverable media device. That means all you need is your backup device to perform a full bare metal recovery – making for easier, faster recoveries with fewer moving parts.
- Improved Data Containers: BackupAssist v9 completely supports VHDX data containers for Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2. VHDX Data containers can grow well beyond the previous 2TB limit - on some hardware configurations, as high as 64TB! As your data grows, BackupAssist v9 keeps up.
- Integrated Restore Console: The publisher've fine-tuned the Guided Restore Console and integrated it seamlessly into the BackupAssist UI. Not only that, they've given it a complete makeover - making it easier and faster to access and restore the data you need.
- On-Demand Analytics: In BackupAssist v9, you can perform diagnosis on your backup destinations before the jobs run. This means you can identify and resolve many problems ahead of time, without needing to wait for the backup to complete.
- Faster image and file backups: The publisher’ve beefed up the performance of their image and file-level backup engines. BackupAssist v9 is able to create System Protection backups at up to 30% faster speeds than previous versions and File Protection can achieve up to 40% faster speeds!