SSH Server provides secure remote login capabilities to Windows workstations and servers. Security is Bitvise's SSH server's key feature: in contrast with Telnet and FTP servers, Bitvise SSH Server encrypts data during transmission. Thus, no one can sniff your password or see what files you are transferring when you access your computer over SSH.
Bitvise SSH Server is ideal for remote administration of Windows servers; for advanced users who wish to access their home machine from work ortheir work machine from home; as well as for a wide spectrum of advanced tasks, such as establishing a VPN using the SSH TCP/IP tunneling feature orproviding a secure file depository using SFTP.
- Ease of use: Bitvise SSH Server was written specifically for the Windows platform so that it is easy to install and configure.
- Unlimited connections: Bitvise SSH Server imposes no limits on the number of users who can connect and gets no more expensive for a larger number of connections.
- Windows groups: Bitvise SSH Server natively supports configurability through Windows groups. No need to define account settings for each Windows account individually.
- Quotas and statistics: The SSH Server can be configured with per-user and per-group quotas and bandwidth limits and keeps a record of daily, monthly and annual usage statistics.
- Speed: SFTP transfer speed mostly depends on the client, but Bitvise SSH Server allows clients to obtain some of the fastest transfer speeds available.
- Git integration: Set an account's shell access type to Git access only and configure the path to your Git binaries and repositories. The account can now securely access Git, without being given unnecessary access to the system.