Collaborator is a code review tool that helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality code. It allows teams to peer review code, user stories and test plans in a transparent, collaborative framework — instantly keeping the entire team up to speed on changes made to the code. By enabling team members to work together to review their work, Collaborator can help you catch bugs before your software hits the market.
Collaborator Versions:Team and Enterprise
In 10.0, Collaborator has become Collaborator Enterprise and SmartBear have added a brand new mid-tier offering, Collaborator Team. Collaborator Team is a perfect blend between our Community offering and Collaborator Enterprise. It is designed for those organisations that do not need document review or the rich customisations that are currently offered in Collaborator Enterprise.
- Collaborate On Artifacts: Improve quality by collaborating on code and documents. Use threaded, contextual chat to comment asynchronously or, if both reviewer and author (or multiple reviewers) are in the tool at the same time, chat in real time.
- Customise Fields & Workflow: Customise Collaborator to your workflow and terminology rather than the other way around. Collaborator allows you to make the peer review rules; we just help you execute them.
- Manage Regulatory Compliance: Put the agony of regulatory code review requirements in the past. Quickly implement standardised and documented peer review processes. Ensure proof of review with E-signatures and an audit trail to meet FDA, ISO and CMMI compliance requirements easily.
- Improve Processes with Reporting: Collaborator keeps a detailed audit log, so in just a few clicks, you have reports to show everything from status of pending code reviews to the details of code review performance. They will even satisfy internal or regulatory requirements.
- Integrate with 11 SCMs: Collaborator integrates with more version control systems than any other code review tool. From Git, Perforce, TFS and Subversion, to RTC and ClearCase - and everything in between – 11 integrations in all.
- Track & Manage Defects: Find a problem, create a defect and ensure traceability. Simple as that. Collaborator helps you create defects using customisable fields so you can collect as much or as little data as you like.
- GitHub Pull Request Support: Create Collaborator code reviews whenever a GitHub pull request occurs. Many teams find that creating code reviews in GitHub is quick, but that they need the capabilities of a more robust peer review tool.