The DecisionTools Suite is an integrated set of programs for risk analysis and decision making under uncertainty that runs in Microsoft Excel. The DecisionTools Suite includes @RISK, which adds risk analysis to Excel using Monte Carlo simulation, PrecisonTree for visual decision tree analysis, TopRank for what-if analysis, NeuralTools and StatTools for data analysis and RISKOptimiser and Evolver for optimisation. Rounding out the Suite is BigPicture for mind mapping, diagramming and data exploration.
- @RISK: It performs risk analysis using Monte Carlo simulation to show you many possible outcomes in your spreadsheet model—and tells you how likely they are to occur.
- PrecisionTree: It helps you tackle these types of complex, sequential decisions. With PrecisionTree, you can visually map out, organise and analyse decisions using decision trees, right in Microsoft Excel.
- TopRank: It performs automated “what if” sensitivity analysis on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to answer these questions. Define any output or “bottom line” cell or cells and TopRank will automatically find and vary all input cells which affect your output.
- NeuralTools: It is used to make credit lending decisions by predicting the likelihood a new borrower will pay back a loan. It’s used for reducing transactional risk by identifying bank or credit card transactions likely to be fraudulent.
- StatTools: It covers the most commonly used statistical procedures and offers unprecedented capabilities for adding new, custom analyses. StatTools replaces Excel’s built-in statistics functions with its own calculations.
- RISKOptimiser: It combines the Monte Carlo simulation technology of @RISK, Palisade’s risk analysis add-in, with the latest solving technology to allow the optimisation of Excel spreadsheet models that contain uncertain values.
- Evolver: It is an advanced, yet simple-to-use optimisation add-in for Microsoft Excel. Evolver uses innovative genetic algorithm (GA), OptQuest (Industrial edition only) and linear programming technology to quickly solve problems in finance, distribution, scheduling, resource allocation, manufacturing, budgeting, engineering and more.
- BigPicture: It allows you to translate your brainstorming process into a dynamic map of ideas and options that are easy to view and update.