Direct Oracle Access component for Delphi or C++Builder provides direct access to any Oracle database bypassing the BDE. The components provide high performance and allow the use of all Oracle specific features, eliminating the distribution and configuration problems of the BDE. Direct Oracle Access has native support for Oracle8 enabling new Oracle8 features including LOB data types and Oracle8's Object extension.
Key features include:
- Easy application distribution: you can deploy your application without many of the version dependency or configuration problems typically involved with middleware installation.
- Oracle Package support: provides a TOraclePackage component that allows you to easily call packaged program units without detailed declarations of these program units and their parameters.
- TOracleDataSet: the dataset component in Direct Oracle Access supports Oracle record locking, record refreshing, server generated values, automatic sequence value generation and BLOB compression.
- Query By Example mode: the TOracleDataSet component has a Query By Example mode that enables you to provide QBE Forms in your application without any additional programming and without any additional components or controls.
- Oracle Monitor: it displays the SQL, variables, timestamp, elapsed time, network statistics, database statistics and query execution plan of each activity.
- Alert and Pipe events: includes a dbms_alert and dbms_pipe package for event processing.
- SQL scripts: if you need to execute many data definition language (DDL) statements, for example to perform the database installation part of your application, you can use the TOracleScript component.
- Advanced Queueing: provides a convenient way to enqueue messages into a queue or to dequeue messages from a queue.