DotNetCompression implements the GZIP and DEFLATE Internet Standards and offers you higher compression ratios than the System.IO.Compression classes of .NET, enables you to specify the compression level so that you can balance between performance and compactness, lets you add a filename so that the original filename can be restored during decompression and also lets you access other metadata in the header.
DotNetCompression is royalty-free, runs on both .NET, .NET CF and Silverlight, is fully managed and its source code is available.
Key features include:
- Higher compression ratios: Noemax compressed 392 documents using the GZipStream class of DotNetCompression and the GZipStream class of .NET.
- Selectable compression level: enables users to select between nine levels of compression, where level 9 provides the best compression while level 1 consumes the least processing resources. There is also level 0 which uses the GZIP format but does not compress the stream.
- Original filename and other header metadata: Adding a filename to the header metadata enables users to restore the original filename when decompressing.Other metadata can also be written to or read from the GZIP header.
- GZIP and DEFLATE Internet Standards: DotNetCompression implements two Internet Standards, the DEFLATE Compressed Data Format Specification (RFC 1951) and the GZIP File Format Specification (RFC 1952), providing interoperability with implementations on other platforms that are compliant to these standards.
- Runs on both .NET and .NET CF: The higher compression ratio offered by DotNetCompression is particularly important for .NET Compact Framework applications running in low bandwidth environments as every additional reduction in size is significant in improving communication speed and reducing storage requirements.
- GZ Compressor: Z Compressor is a free utility that compresses and decompresses files using DotNetCompression.
- Royalty-free distribution: You may distribute your products that use DotNetCompression without paying per server, per client or any other type of runtime fees.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org