Genome O/RM uses LINQ to generate data access layers connecting relational database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and IBM DB2 to your .NET enterprise applications.
Since 20-80% of a .NET enterprise application's code deals with data access, Genome significantly reduces efforts for both development and maintenance.
Less code = less work
Code generated by Genome is lean and clean: you not only save time when building, but can also make your code more agile and easier to maintain.
Some quick facts about Genome:
- Supports the .NET Framework (versions 2.0 to 3.5)
- Fully embraces LINQ as its primary query language (Visual Studio 2008/.NET 3.5 only)
- Tightly integrates with both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
- Supports various database platforms (MS-SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2)
- Supports both approaches: forward engineering from domain models, reverse engineering from databases
Since the advent of .NET, Genome has kept pace with the latest advances on the .NET platform, offering a safe upgrade path for existing project investments. Having adopted LINQ with the first CTP in 2006, Genome has now switched over entirely, using LINQ as its primary query language.
Genome V4.0 brings a number of extensions and improvements:
- Genome Database Management Extensions (GDMX): database/schema comparison that support both forward engineering to change-scripts and reverse engineering to the domain model.
- Genome Messaging Extensions (GMX): a framework of messaging extensions to help you create distributed services applications. GMX supports different communication architecture styles (CRUD, SOA) and technologies (WCF, JSON) where data transfer objects are composed (partially) of server-side Genome mapped business entities on the service interface.
- Genome’s Rapid Interface Prototyping (GRIP) provides a scaffolding framework that allows rapid application development based on Genome and ASP.NET. GRIP has been enhanced to allow better customisation of generated user interfaces through Microsoft’s Text Templating Transformation Toolkit (T4).
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com