Intel VTune Amplifier XE
Whether you’re tuning for the first time or doing advanced performance optimisation, Intel VTune Amplifier provides accurate profiling data, collected with very low overhead. But good data isn’t enough. VTune Amplifier gives you the tools to mine it and interpret it.
Performance on modern processors requires much more than optimising single thread performance. High-performing code must be:
- Threaded and scalable to utilise multiple CPUs
- Vectorised for efficient use of multiple FPUs
- Tuned to take advantage of non-uniform memory architectures and caches
With Intel VTune Amplifier, you get all these advanced profiling capabilities with a single, friendly analysis interface. And for media applications, you also get powerful tools to tune OpenCL* and the GPU.
- Profile both Python and native code: Low overhead, source-line detail (plus Google’s Go* Programming Language)
- Quickly profile three critical metrics for modern hardware performance: CPU utilisation (threading), memory access and FPU utilisation (FLOPS).
- Tune Intel Xeon Phi processors: Including in-package MCDRAM.
- Storage analysis: Tune interplay of I/O and compute.
- Enhanced memory access analysis: Tune data structures for performance and optimise NUMA latency and scalability.
- Simplified OpenCL profiling: New summary view, easier hotspot analysis setup, OpenCL 2.0 shared virtual memory detection.
- Easier remote analysis and command line use: Configure a command line for any target architecture from the user interface, including support for MPI launchers.
- Add custom counters to the timeline: Import a file or use the new API to visualise your custom software counters on the timeline.
- Intel Performance Snapshots: Simple enough to run during a coffee break and highlight where code modernisation or faster storage can improve performance. Pre-installed with Intel VTune Amplifier.