InterBase Data Access Components (VCL)
InterBase Data Access Components (IBDAC) is a library of components that provides access to InterBase, Firebird and Yaffil database servers. It uses the InterBase client to connect to the server directly. Support is provided for Embarcadero RAD Studio XE and source code can be purchased with the Professional edition.
It is available in the following editions:
- IBDAC Standard: The Standard edition includes the IBDAC basic connectivity components and IBDAC Migration Wizard. IBDAC Standard Edition is a cost-effective solution for database application developers who are looking for overall high-performance connectivity to InterBase.
- IBDAC Professional: The Professional edition shows off the full power of IBDAC, enhancing IBDAC Standard Edition with support for InterBase-specific functionality and advanced dataset management features.
- Performance: All components and libraries are designed to help you write high-performance, lightweight data access layers, therefore they use advanced data access algorithms and techniques of optimization.
- DB Compatibility: InterBase Data Access Components supports InterBase server versions 5.x up to XE, Firebird 2.x, 1.x and Yaffil.
- 64-bit Development: IBDAC doesn't limit your choice of the development platform. Now you can develop for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms with Delphi and Lazarus (and FPC).
- Data Type Mapping: If you want to make custom correspondence between InterBase and Delphi data types, you can use a simple and flexible Data Type Mapping engine provided by IBDAC.
- IDE Compatibility: Our product is compatible with the latest IDE versions: Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4, Delphi XE4, C++Builder XE4, Lazarus (and FPC). It is also compatible with the previous IDE versions since Delphi 5 and C++Builder 5.
- Development Platforms: Now you can develop not only VCL-based applications in Delphi and LCL-based ones in Lazarus, but also use the newest FireMonkey application development platform.