Embercadero JBuilder 2008 R2 provides an enterprise-class, Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) with support for commercial and open source Java EE 5 application servers. JBuilder 2008 R2 provides you with the analysis and profiling tools you need to enhance code quality and improve application performance.
In addition, JBuilder 2008 R2 offers UML modelling, team development and collaboration and a wide variety of visual designers to improve productivity.
Performance Analysis Tools: includes memory (resource consumption), CPU (time consumption) profiling to give developers a set of tools that help them understand performance issues in minutes and down to the exact lines of code that are causing them.
- Thread Debugger: provides a real-time display of the progress of all threads running within the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), the ability to monitor wait-states and locks and even predict potential deadlock conditions in the code.
- Request Analyzer: profiles the performance behaviour of Java EE application code across common Java EE components such as JDBC, RMI, JSP, JNDI, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs), JMS and Web service protocol containers.
- ProjectAssist: provides simple, single point installation and configuration of a complete developer tool stack for bug tracking, source code management, project planning/tracking, requirements management and continuous integration builds.
- UML Modeling: fosters better communication between developers, developer teams and management while it supports 1.4 and 2.0 UML specifications and includes LiveSource, which gives the ability to keep code and diagrams in-synch at all times.
- EJB and JPA Modelers: enables developers to create a visual model as they develop EJB applications and enables the creation of a Java modelling project with JPA support.
- Web Services Designer: a visual, two-way designer for creating Axis based Web Service-enabled applications.
- Application Factories: includes an application-driven development paradigm, where the structure, evolution and logic behind the development of the application are captured and maintained as part of the development project within JBuilder.