The Java Service Wrapper line of products are highly configurable tools which not only allow Java applications to be installed and controlled like native Windows Services or UNIX daemon processes, but also include advanced fault detection software which monitors an application. The Java Service Wrapper is able to detect crashes, freezes, out of memory and other exception events, then notify you via email when there is a problem. It does not stop there however, the Java Service Wrapper is unique in its ability to automatically react to any of the above events by shutting down your application or restarting it with a minimum of delay. These features combine to help you guarantee the maximum possible uptime for your application or service. The Wrapper allows businesses and developers to rapidly deploy reliable Java based solutions on a wide variety of platforms in a consistent way.
The Java Service Wrapper is available in three editions:
- Professional Edition: Includes all basic and advanced features.
- Standard Edition: Includes all basic and some advanced features.
- Community Edition: Includes all basic features.
- Ability to run as a Windows Service: The Java Service Wrapper makes it easy to turn almost any Java application into a Windows Service in minutes without additional development from your part. The tools for this are included in our product. Available only in all three editions.
- Ability to run as a UNIX Daemon: You can install your Java Application as a UNIX Daemon without additional development from your part. The tools we provide allow you to install it in several UNIX and Linux flavors. Available only in all three editions.
- Codeless Integration: The Java Service Wrapper can be used out of the box. Our simplest integration method doesn't require any additional coding in your Java Application. Available only in all three editions.
- Fully localised Java Service Wrapper: The Java Service Wrapper is available in English, Japanese and German. Available in Professional and Standard editions.
- Ability to localise user applications: The Java Service Wrapper offers an API to localise your Java Applications. Available in Professional and Standard editions.
- Automatic Java thread deadlock detection and response: The Java Service Wrapper can detect deadlocks in your Java Application and execute an action when this happens, for example restarting the JVM. Available in Professional and Standard editions.
- Ability to setup user defined actions and events: The Java Service Wrapper allows you to schedule events or run actions according to events happening in the JVM. Available only in the Professional edition.
- Alert emails with log snapshots: The Java Service Wrapper can send you emails when there is a problem with your Java Application and attach a log snapshot to know what happened and offer you the tools to give your customers better technical support. Available only in the Professional edition.
- Event commands: The Java Service Wrapper allows you to execute external commands in response to certain events. Available only in the Professional edition.