Kurzweil 1000 makes printed or electronic text accessible to people with blindness and visual impairments — speaking text aloud in a variety of natural-sounding voices that can be modified to individual preferences. Kurzweil 1000 combines traditional reading machine technologies such as scanning, image processing and text-to-speech with communication and productivity tools. It delivers quick access to a wealth of information including online books, magazines and encyclopedias. Features for note taking, summarising content and outlining text are also included.
- Study Tools: Professionals and students find Kurzweil 1000's comprehensive time-saving study tools extremely useful. Add bookmarks, text notes, voice notes and annotations; skim, summarise and create outlines for your work and have your documents open to the last position read. Plus, you'll have access to eighteen bilingual dictionaries.
- Accurate Optical Character Recognition (OCR): The ABBYY FineReader Version 11 OCR engine provides the most accurate OCR available. For the best possible scanning results, Kurzweil 1000 also has the ability to correct many errors. A noise filter option lets users ignore regions near the edge of a page that were incorrectly identified as text.
- State-of-the-Art Speech Options: Clear, natural-sounding VoiceTextTM voices from Neo Speech and ETI-EloquenceTM voices from Nuance deliver the highest quality text-to-speech (TTS), making your reading a pleasure to hear. Microsoft Speech Platform delivers access to more than a dozen additional voices in a variety of languages. You can choose and adjust our many voice options to suit your individual preference.
- Appointment Calendar with Audible Reminders: Keep track of your schedule with our easy-to-use calendar application. You can add, edit and delete your calendar entries simply from the desktop taskbar, as well as set audible reminders that will play any sound file on your computer you choose.
- Online Information Search and Retrieval: Enjoy quick access to information from a variety of sources, including e-books, magazines, encyclopedias and the Merriam-Webster medical dictionary. Based on your criteria, Kurzweil 1000 will search select Internet repositories such as Bookshare.org, NLS Web Braille, AccessWorld, Talking Newspaper Association of the United Kingdom, NFB Publications and Wikipedia (in multiple languages) and present you with your download choices.
- Read Files Away From Home & Burn CDs: Kurzweil 1000 can send your files to a wide variety of hand-held devices so you can read and reference important material when away from your home or office computer. You can also create CDs of your files within Kurzweil 1000 if you have a CD burner.
- Broad Range of File Access: Any file type that you can print through an application installed on your computer can be opened with Kurzweil 1000 — including PDF, ePub and PNG files-which greatly expands your reading choices.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org