MAPILab Native POP3 Connector (hereafter NPC) — is an extension for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 and Microsoft Small Business Server 2000/2003. It is a connector or a gateway to use the terms of the aforementioned products. In this version a lot of program features have been added and all known issues from previous versions have been fixed.
NPC offers a standard solution for the problem with receiving mail through the POP3 protocol for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 and Microsoft Small Business Server 2000/2003 with Microsoft Exchange Server installed (SBS 2000/2003). NPC is a solution with an affinity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 and SBS 2000/2003 — Connector.
- Exchange System Manager Full Integration with the Distributed Administration Feature: NPC is a native solution for Microsoft Exchange Server: you can manage and configure it as if it were a standard connector.
- Active Directory Full Integration: The entire NPC configuration is stored in the Active Directory structure of your company in the Connectors group of the Microsoft Exchange Server tree. You can get access to it using any standard working tool with Active Directory (ADSI Edit and NPC itself included).
- Microsoft Exchange Server Recipient Support:
NPC will deliver you POP3 mail to any recipient: a user, a group of users, a contact or a public folder.
- Adding Several Connectors to One Routing Group:
You can manage your POP3 mail delivery the way you find most convenient: you can divide the delivery by adding several NPC instances (up to 255) in System Manager and configuring the delivery to different Virtual SMTP Exchange servers.
- Support of a Large Number of Mailboxes:
NPC supports up to 65 thousand mailboxes for every instance thus satisfying any needs your company may have with remote POP3 mail.
- Special Server-License Benefit: Multi-User (Global) Mailboxes:
Depending on your ISP configuration it may provide catch-all mailboxes.
- Multithreaded Processing: Mailbox processing can be performed simultaneously which allows all users to receive their mail at the same time without waiting for the mail from other mailboxes.
- Convenient Audit System using Event Viewer: All critical events occurring in NPC work are reflected in a Windows Event Log. So you don't need any additional audit tools: it is performed by the standard tool - Event Viewer.
- Adjustable Logging System of the POP3 Protocol Events: You can watch the protocol work with as many details as you need. You can manage the log files on a connector level: specify the maximum file size, the period for new file creation for each connector, or you can even just use one big file.
- NPC Stores the Received Mail in a Specified Folder: All mail messages are saved in the standard EML file format. If for any reason NPC is unable to deliver the message to the recipient or administrator it will remain in the folder until you intervene and eliminate the reason.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Connections Support:
If the security policy of your company demands the receiving of mail using SSL, NPC will provide you with such a feature: you can configure any mailbox according to this protocol.
- Secure Password Authentication (SPA) Support: If your POP3 service provider demands the use of SPA for authentication any of the NPC mailboxes can be configured to use this engine.
- Flexible Mailboxes Processing Scheduler: Configure each mailbox processing the way you need: at a specific time, the days of the week and in any time intervals.
- Automatic and Manual Modes for the Message Recipients' Resolving:
Despite whether your company uses catch-all or one-user mailboxes, NPC will process any and all of them. Specify one or several recipients for the mailbox.
- A Set of Advanced Pptions for a Highly-optimised Message Receiving Process:
NPC provides you with the tools for a fine adjustment of message receiving process.