NetBackup is a data recovery solution powered by Symantec V-Ray, which offers visibility into virtual file systems and applications as well as transparent backup and recovery across physical and virtual silos. V-Ray increases IT agility and paves the way for realising the true savings potential of virtualisation.
- Unified physical and virtual backups.
- Instant single file data recovery services provide visibility inside of virtual machine backup images.
- Virtual machine aware deduplication and integrated virtual and physical deduplication.
- Automatic identification, discovery and protection of all virtual machines as they come online.
- Centralised management—Increase efficiencies by managing all data protection technologies and multiple NetBackup servers and domains from one location.
- Source and target data deduplication—Easily deploy and manage deduplication wherever needed, from
remote offices to the data center.
- Deep integration with storage appliances—The
NetBackup OpenStorage API enables centralised
management of deduplication and replication.
- Complete and simple virtual machine
protection—Award-winning backup and recovery for
VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- Fast, granular recovery of data from applications and
hypervisors—Quickly restore files, emails and other
granular items from Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Active Directory and for hypervisors such as
VMware and Hyper-V.
- Highly scalable—Benefit from a flexible, three-tiered
architecture that scales with the needs of today’s
growing data center.
- Effective disaster recovery—Fully automated and
integrated system recovery with NetBackup Bare Metal
Restore, built-in replication, and offsite tape
- Comprehensive data security—Flexible encryption
technologies for maximum data security while in transit
or in media.
- NetBackup Accelerator dramatically reduces the time it takes to do backups by eliminating the scan to determine file change percentages, leveraging client-side deduplication, and then synthetically constructing a full backup image—with full recovery benefits, in the time it takes to do an incremental.
- Replication Director enables integrated end-to-end control for the management and recovery of array-based snapshots and replicated snapshots, leveraging the array vendor’s underlying snapshot and replication technology.
- NetBackup Search delivers the ability to search across the entire backup environment and identify information needed for eDiscovery and compliance. Legal holds can then be placed on the files to prevent expiration.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com