Your personal photos and confidential documents can easily fall into the wrong hands when you sell, give away or dispose of your old PC or hard drives. Identity theft is now a widespread security threat. This is because clicking on “Delete” does not mean your files are permanently deleted. Even formatting the hard disk is not enough to permanently delete data. O&O SafeErase permanently deletes your confidential files using recognised methods so that a recovery is never possible, not even when using the best file recovery software.
O&O SafeErase is available in the following editions:
- Professional Edition: The version to use for a single PC. It cannot be used on a Server operating system.
- Workstation Edition: Intended for use on a desktop computer within a company. The Workstation Edition can be
controlled over the user interface as well as over command lines. Another special feature of the Workstation Edition is its ability to simultaneously delete free space and partitions on different physical disks. This is different from the Professional Edition, where deletion is performed successively. This allows you to save considerable time when working with large data volumes.
- Server Edition: Optimised for a server and can be used on both a server as well as on a desktop computer. You
can also control the Server Edition using command lines. Another special feature of the Server Edition is its ability to simultaneously delete free space and partitions on different physical disks. This is different from the Professional Edition, where deletion is performed successively. This allows you to save considerable time when working with large data volumes.
- New and enhanced functions: In addition to many minor enhancements, O&O SafeErase includes an analytical tool that scans your computer for temporary and unsafely deleted files. With just a few clicks, you can clean your computer so that data thieves never have a chance to recover old files for possible misuse.
- Internet security: When surfing the Internet, your browser usually stores Internet files unnoticed on your hard drive. These files can provide information about websites you’ve visited or the passwords you’ve entered. It makes no difference whether it involves cookies, data entered on forms, or browsing history – O&O SafeErase lists all the information saved for each browser you use and you can then delete them individually or together.
- Deleting your entire computer: Deleting the entire computer allows you to permanently delete all confidential files before you dispose of, sell, or give your computer away. All files, settings, applications and the operating system itself are deleted so that a file recovery is impossible. You can be sure that nobody will ever restore your confidential information and misuse it, protecting yourself against identity theft.
- Six deletion methods for maximum security: O&O SafeErase allows you to choose from among six different deletion methods. The methods of deletion differ in the number of runs and the type of overwriting process. These methods ensure maximum security, whatever your requirements. In addition to standardised deletion methods of the U. S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) you can also select a complex mathematical method (the Gutmann method), which complies with the highest security levels.