Microsoft Office Communications Online is a hosted, enterprise-class communications solution based on Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2. Office Communications Online provides your organisation with real-time communications capabilities including secure instant messaging and delivery of "presence" information. Presence enables users to see at a glance if someone is available online to receive an instant message.
- Secure Access: Microsoft Online Services are accessed via 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Anyone who intercepts a communication sees only encrypted text.
- Business Continuity: Redundant network architecture is hosted at geographically dispersed Microsoft data centers to handle unscheduled service outages. Data centers act as backups for each other: If one fails, the affected customers are transferred to another data center with limited interruption of service.
- Intrusion Monitoring: Microsoft continuously monitors the Microsoft Online Services systems for any unusual or suspicious activity. If Microsoft detects such activity, it investigates and responds as appropriate. In the unlikely event that a significant incident occurs, the customer is notified.
- Security Audits: Ongoing assessment of the Microsoft Online Services infrastructure ensures installation of the latest compliance policies and antivirus signatures, along with high-level configuration settings and required security updates.
- High Availability: Microsoft Online Services has a 99.9 percent scheduled uptime. If a customer’s service is affected, Microsoft Online Services offers financial remedies subject to the terms and conditions of the service level agreement (SLA).
- Support: Web form and phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the service administrator.
- Administration Center: This easy-to-use Web site is made available to your service administrators for managing all Microsoft Online Services. This is also where service administrators can download software, such as the Microsoft Online Services Sign In application, Directory Synchronisation tool, and Migration Tools.
- My Company Portal: Users log on to the My Company Portal Web site to launch Microsoft Online Services. There they can access services such as e-mail, create a SharePoint site, download the Sign In application—and more.
- Sign In Application: This tool conveniently allows Microsoft Online Services end users to sign in once and access all services without being prompted repeatedly for their password.
- Virus Filtering: Microsoft Online Services helps guard against online threats that could potentially affect Microsoft Exchange Online and Microsoft SharePoint Online users. Microsoft Forefront™ Online Security for Exchange automatically removes viruses and spam in incoming and outgoing e-mail. Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint scans for viruses in intracompany e-mail and in all documents that reside in SharePoint Online sites.
- Directory Synchronisation Tool: For subscribers with an on-premise Active Directory service deployment, this tool helps keep the on-premises Active Directory and the Microsoft Online Services directory in sync.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com