Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS)
With the latest software Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) you have a complete solution to create your daily business documents quickly, easily and more efficiently. Olympus’ many years of experience in audio and dictation resulted in ODMS. The user now can choose between three ways of turning speech into text: classic, automatic and advanced transcription.
- Let your voice work for you: Don’t worry about who can transcribe your dictations: professional workflow solutions simplify the collaboration between authors, typists, typist pools and speech-recognition engines.
- Easy installation and administration: No matter what size your organisation is, it will receive the right tools to implement a professional dictation workflow and set up a sophisticated central administration.
- Designed for excellent usability: New and improved interface design for excellent usability. The user interface is an important component of professional dictation hardware and can boost your productivity and efficiency.
- Scalability due to the modular software architecture: The modular architecture of ODMS allows you to create an Olympus dictation network and extend it step-by-step and year-by-year. You just have to decide how many authors (dictation module) and typists/secretaries (transcription module) will join the dictation network.
- Virtualisation and private cloud computing: The support of virtual environments with Citrix and Windows terminal servers allows you to keep the costs for the IT infrastructure as low as possible. For further information about the virtualisation of ODMS please contact your authorised dealer.
- Data security is priority number one: Because your data is your asset, ODMS protects your data with several security features. Instant 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro secures your dictations and allows only authorised persons to listen to them. Customisable backup rules avoid any accidental data loss.
- Automated dictation distribution: Mobile and desktop dictation only play out their strengths if the dictations get to the right destination, quickly and easily. For every user scenario automatic transfer rules can be defined. Depending on the defined rules (work type, author ID etc.) the dictations are transferred (via email, FTP, LAN etc.) to its destination.
- Seamless interface to speech recognition: It is no longer necessary to have a person do your typing. ODMS provides a seamless interface to Dragon NaturallySpeaking. This makes it possible to use background and real-time speech recognition in combination with a workflow solution. No matter whether you or your typist train the speech recognition software – both of you will have more time to do other things.