PKZIP is a file management software that compresses data and extracts files to reduce required storage space and transmission times. The ZIP standard can be used to exchange data across all major enterprise computing platforms.
PKZIP is available in the following editions:
- PKZIP for Windows Desktop: Compresses and extracts files to reduce the required storage space and transmission times. Exchange data across all major computing platforms. Available in Standard and Enterprise editions.
- PKZIP Server: Data compression and file management software that reduces file size, saves storage space and reducing transmission times on UNIX, Linux and Microsoft Windows servers. Available in Standard and Enterprise editions except for Windows which is available in Enterprise Edition only.
- PKZIP for z/OS: Reduces bandwidth consumption and file size by as much as 98% on mainframes. Available in Standard and Enterprise editions.
- PKZIP for Linux on System z: Compresses files for Linux on the mainframe, whether Linux installs directly on a LPAR or runs under z/VM. Move data across boundaries including operating systems, geographic locations and enterprise perimeters. Available in Standard and Enterprise editions
- PKZIP for IBM i: Compressing data helps administrators reduce cycle time, data transfer bandwidth, and storage requirements for their IBM i systems.
- PKZIP for DOS: ZIP compression for DOS systems. PKZIP for DOS cannot operate on 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows and technical support is no longer available.