PowerSNMP for ActiveX is a family of controls and objects used to manage network devices and access remote MIBs. Full support for SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and ASN.1 standards provide interoperability with many network devices. The Manager and Agent controls provide message transport over the network and a suite of supporting objects provide MIB information and encoding/decoding support.
- The high-performance Manager control encodes SNMP V1 or V2c packets, sends them to any agent, decodes the response, and presents it to your application as a simple COM object.
- The Management Information Base (MIB) object cross-references Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) MIB definitions used by managers and agents.
- Easily create custom SNMP agents that report special MIB information to remote network managers.
- A unique MIB Compression application combines multiple MIBs into a single compressed file that is easy to distribute for run-time use.
- The Service control is included so you can install your Agent or Manager application as a system service.
- Supporting objects (DartStream, SnmpMessage, SnmpTable, SnmpTableRow, SnmpTrap, SnmpTraps, SnmpVariable, SnmpVariables) provide object models that simplify SNMP usage for expert and novice alike.
- No knowledge of SNMP message formats is required. Documentation provides basic theory of operation.
- Highly stable; released initially in 2000, PowerSNMP for ActiveX has been optimised for ease-of-use and consistently updated for stability based on the feedback of thousands of users.
- Use in many development environments including VB, VC++, Delphi, Powerbuilder, C++ Builder, ASP, .NET and more.
- Supports synchronous blocking and asynchronous non-blocking use.
- Supports COM+ Component Services.
- Requires no system services beyond basic network transport (independent of Windows SNMP Service).
- Can be used in a multi-threaded environment.
- Royalty-free distribution.
- Wrapper classes included for convenient integration into Visual C++.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com