Power Save is an energy management tool that eliminates wasted energy on computers without disrupting existing IT administration processes and without having an impact on user applications or data. It analyses CPU and disc use thresholds enabling IT administrators to set thresholds that will not shut down computers if background tasks such as VPN, remote access and remote backup are running. Specify critical programs that are exempt from power down if they are running with support for standby (recommended) and hibernate power modes to ensure that unsaved user data are not lost.
Schedule configuration updates on a single, daily, weekly or monthly basis to change energy management policies. Generate reports detailed by computer and monitor that show the incremental savings gained through the use of Power Save in terms of power units and cost and export the results to another reporting tool for additional analysis.
Reports include a baseline measure of the energy being consumed enabling the determination of the value of savings generated when Power Save is enabled. It is available for Microsoft Windows and Mac platforms.
- Power Save Enterprise: Faronics Power Save eliminates computer energy waste by up to 50% without affecting productivity.
- Power Save for Mac: Faronics Power Save is an enterprise-level intelligent power management solution for Macs.
- Analyses CPU, disk, keyboard, mouse, network, and critical application activity before taking power management actions.
- Saves open user documents prior to powering down computers
- Maximises PC energy savings via Power Policies
- Scheduled workstation wakeups remotely using Wake-On-LAN or locally via Windows
- Gives users the ability to temporarily exempt their computers from power management
- Works with both Windows and Mac computers
- Runs Audit reports prior to activation to determine potential savings without affecting workstations
- Definitively proves return-on-investment through network-wide power consumption and savings reports
- Allows all workstations to be efficiently managed via Faronics Core.