PrimalXML is a tool specifically designed to edit, manipulate and create XML files. Need to take a quick look at some XML data? Maybe you have to modify the structure of an XML file for another department. PrimalXML is here to help. Open any XML file. View it as text or in an element tree. Syntax coloring for elements and attributes makes everything clear. Apply styleSheets to the XML data and view the results in HTML. Validate the XML against a schema.
PrimalXML is chock full of the features that you need like bookmarking, find and replace, as well as copy, clone and paste of attributes. And the updated ribbon interface helps keep it simple to use. Add to that simplified file access through our new start page and it just can't get easier.
- Automatic Syntax Coloring: PrimalXML will automatically syntax color your XML files for you. This makes it easier to identify and differentiate elements, attributes and values at first glance. It also allows for easier editing of your XML content.
- Auto-formatting of XML: With PrimalXML, you have the option of letting PrimalXML automatically format your XML file on opening or you can open a file in its original format and then optionally request PrimalXML to format the document for you.
- Ribbon Interface: PrimalXML uses the simplified Ribbon interface. All of the commands are easy to locate and at your fingertips. Dockable panes in the UI allow for easy customisation of the window elements.
- Fast Element Navigation: PrimalXML allows you to navigate your XML files in several different ways. Navigate elements via tree view or quick keys. Perform a Find on text or XML element objects. Even use Goto Line Number if you know about where the item you are looking for is.
- Validate XML files against a Schema file: It's easy to use PrimalXML to validate your XML data files against an XML Schema file. This helps keep your XML document in conformance. At the click of a button you can assign an XSD file to use for validity checking and PrimalXML will output clear information about the document's validity and any error messages.
- XML PrimalSense: PrimalXML enhances your editing abilities with PrimalSense for XML elements, attributes, attribute values and special characters codes (i.e. &). As you type, PrimalSense understands what you are typing and makes appropriate suggestions to quickly complete the current statement. With PrimalXML you have the power to customise the PrimalSense for use with your custom XML files and extensions. Define custom elements, attributes and attribute values to fit your personal needs.
- Element Viewer: Use PrimalXML's Element Viewer to quickly edit element attributes isolated from the rest of your XML. Or you can edit XML objects directly in the document view. PrimalXML's editor is not just a simple text editor; it understands XML and lets you edit your XML content as objects. For more secure editing, use the Edit Attribute Values Only Mode which prevents the user from inadvertently altering the XML structure.
- Fast Element Manipulation: Because PrimalXML's editor understands objects, you can quickly move child elements up and down within its parent element. It is also just as easy to copy and clone elements, add and remove elements, add and remove parent and child elements and manipulate element attributes. We even have a Batch Insert mode that allows for quick creation and copying of elements.