SQL Data Generator is a fast, simple tool for generating realistic test data. It can instantly provide generators based on table and column names, field length, data types and other existing constraints. They can be customised to meet your requirements.
SQL Server developers and Database Administrators use SQL Data Generator to:
- Create realistic data based on column and table names.
- Demo databases without sharing live data.
- Create the exact data you need with customisable generators.
- Generate data in a couple of clicks, from within SSMS.
- Future-proof databases by populating them with large quantities of test data.
- Create large volumes of data within a couple of clicks in SQL Server Management Studio
- Generate meaningful test data at row level
- Column-intelligent data generation – generate data in one column based on the data in another
- Greater flexibility and manual control for creating foreign key data
- Extremely fast data generation
- Over 60 built-in generators with sensible configuration options
- Shareable custom generators – save regexp and SQL statement generators to share with your team
- Write your own custom generators in Python, so you can create any extra data you need
- Seeded random data generation allows you to generate the same collection of data every time
- Foreign key support for generating consistent data across multiple tables
- Inter-column dependency support
- Command-line support for automated data generation
- Import data from existing data sources
- Automatic data conversion when the source data is a different data type
- Optionally disable triggers and constraints to avoid interfering with database logic
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012 R2, 2014 and SQL Server on Amazon RDS