SQL Defrag Manager
SQL defrag manager is a SQL Server index defragmentation
solution that automates the time-consuming process of finding
fragmented indexes based on parameters that you define within a
policy for the targeted database. It gives you the flexibility to run the
defragmentation utility immediately or during off-peak hours, all
through an easy-to-use graphical user interface. There are no manual
scripts required. SQL defrag manager improves server performance
by ensuring that indexes are defragmented, which helps SQL server
applications run faster and frees DBAs to perform other tasks.
- Identify Index Fragmentation: As index fragmentation increases over time, performance degrades, response times slow and I/O suffers. SQL defrag manager performs an automated analysis of key metrics related to fragmentation to quickly pinpoint those areas where fragmentation is severely hindering performance, then triggers corrective measures.
- Schedule Jobs: Manage the defragmentation process through scheduling of jobs at the most optimal time and based on the size of the index. Automate remediation and run the defragmentation utility immediately or during off-peak hours.
- Avoid Contention: Check the utilisation of key system indicators prior to executing the defragmentation. This ensures that the policy is able to run as scheduled and avoid any potential system problems or application bottlenecks.
- Manage Fill Factor: Most solutions don’t pay attention to the fill factor of tables, this can be a big drawback. With SQL defrag manager, users can manage index fill-factor settings and reduce splitting and shifting of pages as well as defrag job frequency.
- Centralised Management: The global dashboard displays all the SQL servers in your environment from one console, each database is color coded to reflect how much impact fragmentation is having on it, its databases, tables and indexes. You can easily sort to bring the items most in need of your attention to the forefront and take corrective action.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com