ScreenReader provides intelligent screen reading with natural voices, Dolphin Cursor and robust Braille support.
ScreenReader is specifically designed for people with blindness or anyone that has no useful sight. Because everything you need to know is spoken or brailled, there's no struggling to see the screen - in fact you don't even need one!
Perfect for people that rely solely on speech output, use only Braille or prefer a blend of both.
- Human Sounding Speech:
- ScreenReader features the high quality, human sounding, Vocalizer Expressive text-to-speech synthesiser to read documents and apps out loud.
- Characters, words or both can be spoken aloud to improve confidence while writing in any text field such as a document or the Subject field of an email.
- Read from Here is for when you simply want to have a document or web page spoken to you in its entirety.
- Quick navigation keys skip forward and back through Microsoft Word documents, web pages in Internet Explorer and PDFs in Adobe Reader.
- Item Finder speeds up navigating complex documents and web pages
- Intelligent Screen Reader:
- Text style information is announced so you can check your documents look great. Fonts, sizes, colours, bold, italic, underline, subscript and superscript changes can all be reported.
- Verbosity tells you about the types and states of over 60 kinds of control as you tab and arrow around web pages, Windows and app dialogs. Hear if checkboxes are checked. Hear the position of sliders. Hear if links have already been visited.
- Monitor Markers announce changes occurring elsewhere onscreen away from the cursor. Security notifications appearing in your web browser, file download progress, when the other person in an instant message conversation is typing a message, Monitor Markers will cause ScreenReader to speak automatically.
- The Dolphin Cursor: Dolphin Cursor explores the screen and controls the mouse, from the keyboard. Perfect for people who cannot see the screen or find using the mouse difficult.
- Scan and Read Aloud: Scan and read paper documents and letters; ScreenReader includes inbuilt OCR (Optical Character Recognition) so you can independently read print documents. Just add a scanner! And because the OCR is a ScreenReader feature, simply and conveniently choose the "Scan & Read" button on ScreenReader's Bookshelf tab.
- Braille Display Support: Over 50 literary and computer Braille translation tables included for Braille beginners, language students and computer programmers. Also includes the new Unified English Braille Code alongside traditional Grade I Uncontracted and Grade II Contracted codes.
- Getting Started and Help: ScreenReader comes with everything you need to get you up and running, right away: Setup wizard, video tutorials, Caps+F1 help and key describe mode.
- Bookshelf and Launch Pad: Conveniently browse and search millions of best sellers, classics and periodicals directly from ScreenReader's Bookshelf tab. Content from Bookshare and other trusted library partners is made instantly accessible with speech and Braille in the ScreenReader.