SecurityPlus for MDaemon complements and extends the built-in security features of the MDaemon Mail Server, providing a shield to stop security trouble before it starts. By combining multiple powerful security safeguards, it blocks virtually all known dangers and prevents infestation by newly released threats. It automatically downloads and installs updates for hands-off administration. SecurityPlus is available in multiple languages and proactively protects email users against viruses, spam, phishing attacks, spyware and other types of unwanted and harmful email.
- Inline Virus Scanning Kaspersky AntiVirus Engine: SecurityPlus scans messages inline, using the Kaspersky AntiVirus Engine, during each SMTP session, effectively stopping malicious software at the email entrance to your network. When a corrupted message with a security threat is detected, SecurityPlus refuses to accept the email and any attachments (Available for MDaemon Pro users only).
- Zero-Hour Virus Outbreak Protection: Real-time pattern analysis provides much faster protection than traditional filter and signature based solutions that require detecting, defining and disseminating new virus information. Outbreak Protection requires no heuristic rules, content filtering, or signature updates. Includes Real-time, antispam, zero-hour antivirus, anti-spyware and antiphishing technology (Available for MDaemon Pro users only).
- Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD) Technology:
- Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD) uses patented technology to identify patterns which are content agnostic to safeguard the original message. These patterns cannot be used to reconstruct the original message.
- RPD extracts and then analyses relevant patterns, which are used to identify massive email-borne outbreaks. It classifies both distribution and structural patterns within an email message.
- Urgent Update Notification: Provides additional antivirus definitions beyond regularly scheduled updates. When a high-risk virus threat is identified by Kaspersky Labs, you can select to be notified and trigger SecurityPlus to automatically initiate a database update of the latest virus definitions. Antivirus protection from Kaspersky Labs combines traditional antivirus defense methods with the latest proactive technologies to keep your organisation safe from new and emerging threats.
- Versatile Control: SecurityPlus for MDaemon detects infected attachments in both plain text and HTML messages. When an infected attachment is detected and you have selected to not block the message outright, you have the option to clean it, quarantine it, delete it, or allow MDaemon's Content Filter to handle it. Specific domains and addresses may also be excluded from scanning altogether.
- Log Files: SecurityPlus for MDaemon includes an administrative log that keeps track of the type, time and location of detected viruses.