SmartZone SDK is character recognition software - ideal for processing fields on forms, whether they were typed (OCR) or hand-printed (ICR).
Confidence values let users decide when an operator should review the results, and alternate characters help them select the correct result. Providing both zonal OCR (optical character recognition of machine-printed text) and zonal ICR (intelligent character recognition of hand-printed characters), the SmartZone Software Development Kit (SDK) is used to build forms processing applications within either .NET or ActiveX COM development environments.
OCR and ICR:
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish (ActiveX ICR is English-only)
- Can simultaneously recognise characters from all supported languages
Regular Expressions (.NET only)
- Pre-defined character sets include: uppercase, lowercase, mixed case alphabetic, digits, currency, and punctuation
- Can be limited to any customer-defined subset of the full character sets
- Return confidence values for each individual character, line, and the complete result
- Return alternate results for each character, with confidence values
- Choose rejection character provided when character cannot be identified
- Set confidence level below which the rejection character is returned
- Can optimise by controlling recognition segmentation parameters
Standard Field Types (.NET only):
- Define an expected character pattern for a field
- Dramatically improves accuracy
- Can apply a different regular expression to each field
- Pre-defined field types include: dates, times, email, U.S phone, SSN, URL, currency
- Improves accuracy for defined fields
- Can augment with regular expressions
- Data validation list can be used to automatically verify part numbers, customer IDs, etc.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com