SocketWrench is a general purpose TCP/IP networking component designed to simplify the development of Internet client and server applications. Using SocketWrench, users can connect to any service over the Internet, and can create own custom servers. The product includes a managed .NET component for Visual Studio 2003 and later versions, an ActiveX control for use in languages like Visual Basic, Visual FoxPro and PowerBuilder, as well as a standard dynamic link library (DLL) which can be used with virtually any Windows programming language.
There are three SocketWrench Editions
SocketWrench .NET Class: SocketWrench includes a managed class library designed for the .NET Framework that can be used with Visual Studio .NET 2003 and later versions, including Visual Studio 2012. SocketWrench provides full support for general purpose Internet programming and can be used to create both client server applications. The .NET class also includes support for secure connections using the industry standard SSL and TLS protocols. By simply setting a few properties, a secure connection using strong encryption can be established, providing your application with the greatest flexibility and highest level of security available. The SocketWrench .NET class interface is similar to the interface used by the ActiveX version of the component, simplifying the transition between the two development platforms. Developers who are familiar with the ActiveX control will find the .NET class to be just as easy to use.
SocketWrench ActiveX Control: SocketWrench includes an ActiveX control for development using languages such as Visual Basic 6.0, FoxPro and PowerBuilder. For developers who must maintain legacy applications or prefer to use ActiveX/COM components, SocketWrench offers a way to easily include Internet functionality in an application. In addition to supporting standard network connections, SocketWrench also supports secure, encrypted connections using the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols. And unlike some other components which depend on third-party libraries for their security features, SocketWrench uses only standard Windows libraries, which means that there are no complex redistribution requirements.
SocketWrench Library: For developers who prefer a lower-level interface, SocketWrench also includes a standard Windows dynamic link library (DLL) which can be used with virtually any programming language. The SocketWrench library provides an API that is very similar to the standard Windows API, and uses common data types for broad compatibility. Function declarations (prototypes) and constants are included for C/C++, Visual Basic, PowerBASIC and several other languages. Whether you want to create client or server applications, the SocketWrench API includes everything you need in a single library. It is important to note that the SocketWrench DLL is not a COM component, and does not require registration or have any complex redistribution requirements. All you need to do is copy the library to same folder as your application executable, and you're done.
- Includes a managed component written in C#, compatible with any .NET language
- Includes an ATL based ActiveX control compatible with most languages
- Includes a Windows dynamic link library (DLL) for maximum performance
- Fully compatible with Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010/2012
- Versions 1.1, 2.0 and 4.0 of the .NET Framework are supported
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms
- Low resource utilization and no external dependencies on third-party libraries
- Simplifies the development of networking applications
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 network connections
- Support for both synchronous and asynchronous network connections
- Easily create both secure client and server applications
- Support for the standard SSL and TLS security protocols with up to 256-bit encryption
- Support for client certificates when required by the remote host
- Support for both implicit and explicit SSL and TLS connections
- Thread-safe implementation with full support for multithreaded applications
- An extensive Developer's Guide and online Technical Reference
- A professional technical support staff and extensive online support resources
- No runtime licensing fees or additional royalties
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com