Micromat has redeveloped Techtool Pro 7 to be fully 64-bit compatible, which allows the program to run more efficiently on the latest Macintosh computers. We also added a fantastic new RAM test that can find problems which no other utility can; and we also improved many of the testing, repair and maintenance routines.
- Diagnostics and Repair: Start with Check Computer to perform a complete diagnostic check of your Mac and hard drives. A single click of your mouse runs a SMART Check of your hard drive to detect impending drive failure, a RAM test, analysis of disk directories and more. If problems are found, advice is provided on how to proceed to repair the problem. Use Check Computer regularly as a part of your preventive maintenance program.
- Volume Rebuild: Techtool Pro will test, rebuild, and repair damaged directories on corrupted hard drives, and optimise the data directories when they are repaired. Volume Rebuild will display a comparison chart before directory data is replaced. Use Volume Rebuild to keep your drives operating at their peak performance.
- Memory Test: RAM problems are quite prevalent and can cause a variety of crashes, program errors and even data loss. We've seen many cases where a user will be chasing down a disk or extension problem when their issue was simply a faulty and inexpensively replaced memory module. As part of the RAM test, we've also added a fantastic SPD report that shows you an enormous amount of technical and other interesting information about your computer's memory.
- eDrive: Using Techtool Pro, you can easily create an eDrive, an extra startup partition based on the active system volume, which can be used as an emergency startup partition or to perform regular maintenance on your Mac. The eDrive is based on your specific Macs system plus includes Techtool Pro's tools for Mac repair. Using the eDrive, there's no need to reformat or to boot from a DVD or secondary hard drive.
- Volume Cloning: Volume Cloning creates exact duplicates of your volumes for trouble-free archiving to backup your data and applications. Cloning volumes can also be helpful if you are upgrading from a smaller size hard drive to a larger drive. You have the options of creating a duplicate of an entire disk, file syncing by adding only the changed files to a clone, or cloning to numerous disc image formats.
- Volume and File Optimisation: Techtool Pro performs both file and volume optimisation. File optimisation defragments individual files on the hard drive. Volume optimisation consolidates the free space on a hard drive. For full optimisation, perform Volume Optimisation after File Optimisation. The resulting optimisation simplifies the file storage layout and may enhance the overall performance of your drive.
- Data Recovery: Techtool Pro helps you recover your data from corrupted drives or volumes that don't mount on the desktop to save the data to another location. Use the Trash History feature to track the location of deleted files and increase the chance of their recovery in the case of an accidental deletion.
- Network Monitoring: Techtool Pro will monitor the configuration of your local area network (LAN) by revealing the active services and ports on each selected machine or Bonjour supported device on your LAN. This information is important for strengthening security on a specific machine, Bonjour supported device or your overall LAN, and is also helpful in tracking what devices have been in use in the past that are no longer available since the last time monitoring was performed.
- Protection Preferences: Techtool Pro includes the option to install the Techtool Protection system preference, where you configure automatic functions that operate in the background. In particular, you can configure Protection to track deleted files, monitor the free space on your hard drives, save backups of critical directory data to help with recovery in the event of drive corruption, and to monitor the SMART routines of your hard drives. If problems are found, Protection delivers onscreen and email alerts.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org