TextPad is designed to provide the power and functionality to satisfy the most demanding text editing requirements. It can edit files up to the limits of virtual memory and it will work with the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of of Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
In addition to the usual cut and paste capabilities, you can correct the most common typing errors with commands to change case and transpose words, characters and lines. Other commands let you indent blocks of text, split or join lines and insert whole files. Any change can be undone or redone, right back to the first one made. Visible bookmarks can be put on lines and edit commands can be applied to lines with bookmarks.
- Huge files can be edited, up to the limits of 32-bit virtual memory. See Specifications for the actual limits.
- Supports Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style names and long file names with spaces.
- CUA compliant keyboard commands.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish user interfaces.
- A spelling checker with dictionaries in 10 languages.
- Multiple files can be simultaneously edited, with up to 2 views per file.
- Warm Start feature lets you restart exactly where you left off.
- In addition to the usual cut, copy and paste capabilities, selected text can be case shifted and block indented and characters, words and lines can be transposed. Cut and copied text can be appended to the clipboard, as well as replacing its contents.
- Text can be automatically word-wrapped at the margin or at a specified column, if it does not fit on a line. In this mode, text can be split into separate lines where wrapping occurs or lines can be intelligently joined, preserving paragraphs.