Accelerate application deployment and simplify application migration with agentless application virtualisation. With VMware ThinApp, applications are packaged into single executables that run completely isolated from each other and the operating system for conflict-free execution on end-point devices. Application packages can be deployed to different Windows platforms, eliminating costly recoding and regression testing so you can easily migrate existing applications to Windows 7 or Windows 8.
What VMware ThinApp Does
- OS Migrations: When migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 or Windows 8, migrate legacy web applications that rely on Internet Explorer 6 by virtualising IE6 along with the application.
- Application Isolation: Eliminate application conflicts by isolating applications from each other and the underlying OS into a single executable file that can be easily deployed to many endpoints.
- Server Consolidation: Enable multiple applications and "sandboxed" user-specific configuration data to reside safely on the same server.
- Desktop Security: Deploy ThinApp packages on "locked-down" PCs and allow end users to run their favorite applications without compromising security.
- Application Mobility: Deploy, maintain and update virtualized applications on USB flash drives for ultimate portability.