Transparent Screen Lock enables IT professionals to prevent unauthorised system access, while maintaining the ability to view applications running on the desktop for monitoring purposes.
Transparent Screen Lock delivers system security measures that are essential in today's open-concept corporate offices with free movement of employees and visitors, as well as in high security environments such as financial institutions and banks, hospitals and pharmaceutical research facilities, government offices and military installations.
The TSL-PRO is integrated with password authentication.
- Password Protection: Any attempts to access your workstation or server while TSL is running (by typing a key or moving the mouse) require a valid username and password to be entered. If no password is entered, the password dialog box will disappear after 5 seconds. Options include:
- Use system logon password: The software will expect the user to type in their logon password - the same password that is used to log on to their account. NOTE: This is the default option.
- Configure with new password: You may also choose to enter a different password manually via the configuration program.
- Added support for alternate characters on international keyboards in the password.
- Grant access to other users: Ideal for multiple-user shared computer environments. Enables an adminstrator, a specified group of users and/or other authenticated users to access the system without closing the current session.
- Simplified program configuration in a multiple-user shared computer environment.
- An Administrator can install the program once and the program and associated icons will automatically be available on the desktop of all users sharing the computer.
- Make program settings on a per-user basis or on a system/machine basis. This time-savings feature enables an administrator to makde configuration changes once and have them applied to all users of that system.
- TSL Screensaver Module. Allows you to select Transparent Screen Lock from the "Screensaver" Tab of the "Display Properites" applet. Active Directory users can enforce the use of TSL by selecting Transparent Screen Lock.scr as the current screensaver using Group Policy.
- Remote Administration. Setup program includes an Administrative Template (tsl.adm) that can be read by your GPO Editor to manage all of TSL's settings remotely.