VShell Server takes reliable, configurable network access software to master evolving security threats and a rapidly changing business environment. The VShell Server has a full range of capabilities that enable you to provide strong, multi-protocol security for data in transit, control user access to features and files. It can monitor and log events with automation support and can tune licensing to your requirements.
It provides strong, multi-protocol security for data in transit as well as extensive controls provided to manage privileges for shell, file transfer and other services. It is easy to set up and configure due to the graphical control panel and monitor and log events with automation support.
- Import/export configuration: Easily back up or copy VShell's configuration using the import/export capabilities in the VShell Control Panel.
- Virtual root "Connect As": Specify alternate credentials that will be used when accessing a virtual root path.
- Additional X.509 algorithm support: x509v3-ssh-rsa and x509v3-ssh-dss algorithms as specified by RFC 6187 are now supported.
- Deny host/user file management: Manage the deny host and user files directly from the VShell Control Panel.
- Multiple virtual root directories: The VShell virtual root capability lets you assign different root directory access points to users or groups. Allows fine-grained control over user access permissions and the ability to specify the user's home directory.
- Windows account integration: Native integration with Windows user accounts and groups (local and domain). Control access to VShell functionality.
- Access control: Grant access to VShell services by authorised users or groups. On an individual or group basis, allow or deny access to VShell services such as shell, SCP, SFTP, FTPS and port forwarding.
- Authentication choices: Choose from a number of authentication mechanisms including public key, Kerberos and X.509 digital certificates to create a more secure two-factor authentication strategy.
- FTPS option: Choose between Secure Shell SSH2 and FTP over SSL according to your network standards.
- Internal User Database: Configure VShell-specific users and groups through the VShell Control Panel User Database page. These VShell-defined users and groups are separate from Windows System accounts. The internal accounts can be given access to all file transfer, remote shell and execute and port forwarding services.