monitors a folder, possibly including sub directories, and starts a task you have configured for every change detected. Changes include new, changed and deleted files or folders.
When watchDirectory detects a change in the folder that is being monitored, it starts the task that has been defined. It is possible to choose from a list of more than 10 pre-defined tasks that enables most common business situations to be automated.
The list includes an all-purpose task that lets you run batch (.bat/.cmd) files or Visual Basic Scripts. These powerful programming files let you run thousands of programs and perform a nearly unlimited number of computer tasks.
- Automatically Sort Files: Copy your files to multiple locations.
- Automatically play a sound for new Files: NEW: Play a WAV sound when new files are detected.
- Automatically Email when files are created/deleted: Receive E-Mail notifications for new files.
- Automatically Delete Files: Tired of deleting temporary files yourself? Do you want certain files deleted when they are 7 days old?
- Automatically Upload (ftp) Files: Publish your files on the Web.
- Automatically create thumbnails for your pictures: Smaller pictures load faster on the Web.
- Automatically Generate HTML: Create a gallery for your pictures.
- Automatically Generate auditing reports for changed/deleted files (Who Did It?)
- Automatically start .bat scripts: Automate Everything
- Automatically Compress (zip) files: Save diskspace.
- Automatically Uncompress (unzip) files
- Automatically Copy Files
watchDirectory is available in two editions: Standard and Professional.
The professional Edition allows you to:
- Run as a Windows Service application
- Start more than three (3) tasks
- Monitor directories on your network
- Delay performing tasks using the buildin scheduler
- Send email alerts when problems are detected
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com