Operating system requirements
- For evaluation purposes, WhatsUp Gold operates on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. However, production level support requires Windows Server versions only. See below for supported Windows Server platforms.
- Installing WhatsUp Gold on a domain controller is not recommended or supported.
- If WhatsUp Gold is hosted in virtual environments, to prevent licensing issues, make sure that you assign a static MAC address to the virtual machine on which WhatsUp Gold is operating. Refer to your virtual machine software help documentation for information about assigning a static MAC address for the virtual machine.
- WhatsUp Gold requires quad-core processors @ 2.6 GHz (min). If you are installing WhatsUp Gold on a virtual machine, make sure that your guest VM has at least four CPU cores allocated to it. Refer to additional Hardware requirements guidelines.
WhatsUp Gold supports the following Windows Server platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 for product evaluation