GlobalSCAPE Wide Area File Services (WAFS) software uses real-time multi-directional acceleration and mirroring technology to enable remote users to access and share files over a WAN at LAN speeds. Its ensures that the same data exists on all servers regardless of where changes occur. It creates exact mirrors of files at authorised sites enabling files to be accessed from the local server at near LAN speed. Only the changes made to a file are mirrored in real time, so a 300KB change on a 200MB file takes milliseconds to mirror to all sites as they are local, not cached, files. Real time file and data locking ensures that there are no conflicts on files between sites and real time file version coherence ensures
that users never open a stale version of a file.
- Transparent to User: When deployed, WAFS file shares appear exactly as a normal Windows share, so users don’t have a new file access method to learn.
- Minimal IT Impact: Once configured, WAFS behaves as any other shared file storage would, not requiring IT administrators to provide separate security controls or storage management.
- Data Stored in Central Vault: The vault can be located anywhere in the world or even in the cloud. The vault keeps past versions of the data. If a file is saved corrupted to the file system or if the file is deleted, no problem. You can quickly get the past version (uncorrupted/non-deleted) from the vault. Or, maybe you just need to see the old version because changes were made to the file you did not want. In any case, that file is there, in the vault.
- Slash Data Latency: Because files are synchronised locally at each agent, data latency is no longer an issue for companies with offices around the globe.
- Files Automatically Locked When in Use: WAFS prevents files from being worked on at the same time by multiple people. As soon as you open a file, it’s locked. No one else can work on the file. Once you’re done, all of your changes are there, real-time, as soon as the file is opened by someone else.
- Work offline When Internet is Down: If your internet connection is spotty there’s no need for frustration. You can still get your work done using different offline behavior.
- Works with Autodesk Revit: When you pair Autodesk Revit Worksharing capabilities with WAFS by Globalscape, users from locations across the world can access and share files over a WAN at LAN speeds. This means faster and more reliable element borrowing and multi-user access to entire worksets.