For organisations that need it all, security, efficiency, and innovation, Windows Server 2016 delivers it. Windows Server 2016 is the cloud-ready operating system that supports your current workloads while introducing new technologies that make it easy to transition to cloud computing when you are ready.
- Security at the OS level: Windows Server 2016 includes built-in breach resistance to help thwart attacks on your systems and meet compliance goals. Even if someone finds a way into your environment, the layers of security built into Windows Server 2016 limit the damage they can cause and help detect suspicious activity.
- Evolve your infrastructure: Datacenter operations are struggling to reduce costs while handling more data traffic. New applications stretch the operational fabric and create infrastructure backlogs that can slow business. As organisations push the boundaries of highly virtualised environments, they can use Windows Server 2016 capabilities to meet operational and security challenges, freeing up IT resources to plan a strategy that uses the cloud for future applications and solutions.
- Affordable high-performance storage: Storage systems are critical to the performance of most business applications. But traditional, expensive, manually configured storage systems can prevent organisations from realising the efficiency benefits of a software-defined datacenter. In contrast, the Azure-inspired, software-defined storage capabilities in Windows Server 2016 use policies and automation to reduce costs and add scale.
- Azure-inspired networking: Traditional network infrastructures are rigid and complex. Organisations can respond faster to market changes by moving the network control layer from hardware to software to create a software-defined network. This enables them to centrally configure and manage physical and virtual network devices such as routers, switches, and gateways, resulting in automatic load balancing and the ability to shift workloads without setting switches. IT can continue to use existing physical switches, routers, and other hardware devices with the virtual controllers, while achieving deeper integration between the virtual network and the physical network.
- Application innovation: Windows Server 2016 supports application innovation using container technology and microservices. Containers can help speed application deployment and streamline the way IT operations and development teams collaborate to deliver applications. In addition, developers can use microservices architectures to separate app functionality into smaller, independently deployable services, which make it easier to upgrade part of the app without affecting the rest.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org