Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials offers an affordable server solution that can be used as the primary infrastructure server in multi-server environments.
Designed for easy deployment, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials can be managed by individuals within organisations with limited in-house IT services.
Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials enables small businesses to run their applications on-premises. Small businesses can also take advantage of the growing number of cloud-based applications and services such as Windows Azure Backup, for an additional layer of data protection and Office 365, which provides email and collaboration services.
- Server Backups: Configured with a simple wizard, server backups help protect all data and applications stored on the server. You can also choose to take advantage of optional cloud-based backup services, such as Windows Azure Backup, for an
even greater degree of protection.
- Client Computer Backups: Configured to run daily on each PC that's connected to the Essentials environment, client computer backup stores your backup data centrally on the server. This type of automatic protection enables you to restore individual files and folders, or an entire PC, as you would do when replacing a faulty hard drive or upgrading from an older hard disk drive.
- File History: File History simplifies the recovery of files, accidently deleted or overwritten, without the need for an administrator's assistance. File History can be centrally configured and managed from your Essentials server
- Remote Web Access (RWA): RWA enables end users to work remotely from virtually anywhere using almost any device. A website for RWAdelivers a highly secure way for users and administrators to use their web browser to access files and folders, client computers, and the servers running in your environment.
- My Server App for Windows and Windows RT: My Server app provides a modern and touch-friendly way for end users to access files and folders, as well as perform light administration tasks. The app runs on Windows and Windows RT desktops, laptops, and tablet devices.
- My Server App for Windows Phone: My Server app also adds powerful mobile options for accessing your files and folders and performing light administration tasks. Providing a similar experience to the My Server app for Windows, this version runs on Windows Phone devices
- Integration with Office 365: Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials provides the option to integrate with Office 365 or a third-party Hosted Exchange provider, helping simplify and enhance messaging, collaboration, communication, and productivity applications. Administrators need only create a user's account once — an associated mailbox can be automatically created at the same time. The Essentials server syncs passwords with Office 365, helping end users enjoy a seamless sign-on experience whether they are accessing local or cloud-based resources.
- Integration with Windows Azure Backup: To supplement local server backups, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials can optionally be integrated with a cloud-based service that stores business-critical data in a highly secure, offsite datacenter.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org