Xceed Zip for .NET is a zipping and unzipping .NET component that includes Tar, GZip, AES and secure FTP. The classes can be extended to enable code to work with files and folders of any type including files and folders on an FTP site in SharePoint etc. . NET applications can create and manipulate industry-standard zip files and perform a variety of data compression tasks. An optional Vanguard subscription includes 1 year of priority support and upgrades during the subscription period.
- .NET Technology:
- Superior object-oriented design created specifically for the .NET framework. Not a .NET interface over recycled Win32 or other code.
- Supports .NET 4.6, 4.5, 4.0. .NET 2.0 and up is also supported in a separate and parallel build. Also supports ASP.NET 2.0 to 5.0 and Visual Studio 2005 to 2015.
- Supports VB.NET, C# and Managed C++.
- 100% managed code, written in C#.
- Major features:
- The only library to provide WinZip 12 compatibility, supporting the LZMA algorithm for improved compression in certain situations. Note: Zip files using WinZip 12’s special JPEG recompression feature are not supported.
- Beefed up capabilities for handling large amounts of files.
- UTF-8 character encoding in headers for improved support of special characters and international characters in filenames and comments.
- Multi-talented capabilities:
- Built-in file transfer and filesystem capabilities. Because it’s built on top of the Xceed Filesystem Core, a variety of additional file and folder manipulation capabilities are available, as is the complete functionality of Xceed FTP for .NET without any additional learning curve or effort.
- Abstracts the concept of files and folders in Zip files, on FTP sites, in streams, in memory, etc., so that your code is written as if it is working with regular files or folders. When support is added for more archive types and locations, there is no need to change your code in order to work with the new archive types or locations.