Yosemite Server Backup performs disk-to-disk and disk-to-tape backups of Windows and Linux machines and performs complete system restores in the event of system failure. It supports a wide variety of tape-loading and cartridge devices and robotic libraries for implementing multi-tiered backup and archiving strategies. Agents read and write user data and system configuration settings for server applications, enabling "bare metal" disaster recovery in the event of system failure. Yosemite Server Backup provides a centralised cross-platform graphical user interface to schedule backups, manage media and initiate restore and recovery operations.
It is available in the following editions:
- Yosemite Server Backup: Provides protection for a single server and suport for Windows and Linux, Active Directory and Sharepoint services.
- Yosemite Server Backup+DR: It offers the same as the Standard package plus Bare Metal Disaster Recovery.
- Yosemite Server Backup Plus: Provides support for up to three servers and includes agents for Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Agent, Microsoft SQL Agent, Microsoft Hyper-V Agent, VMware ESX Agent, Tape Library Expansion and SMB File Share Agent plus Bare Metal Disaster Recovery.
- Yosemite Backup Unlimited: Offers unlimited number of servers to protect and supports all servers mentioned above plus Bare Metal Disaster Recovery.
- Calendar-based interface for scheduling backups
- Support for fixed, simple and grandfather-father-son (GFS) media rotation schemes based on data-retention policies
- Dynamic ("hot") online backups of critical applications without service interruption
- One-step "bare metal" disaster recovery restores complete system (user data, applications, settings, system state and operating system) from full backups to similar hardware
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) software-based data encryption and hardware-based encryption on supported devices
Agents for third-party server applications and hypervisor guest operating systems
- Software- and hardware-based data compression
- Concurrent, continuous data streams for backup and recovery
- Notification of backup completion and error alerts