dbExpress driver for MySQL
dbExpress is a database-independent layer that defines common interface to provide fast access to MySQL from Delphi and C++Builder on Windows and Mac OS X for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. For this server, dbExpress provides a driver as an independent library that implements the common dbExpress interface for processing queries and stored procedures. As data-access layer is thin and simple, dbExpress provides high performance database connectivity and is easy to deploy. You can use the driver in the same way as the one supplied by Embarcadero.
dbExpress driver for MySQL provides access to MySQL database. It can work using native MySQL network protocol or MySQL client. If you do not use Direct mode, MySQL client library is required.
- Direct Mode: Allows your application to work with MySQL directly without involving MySQL client library, thus significantly facilitating deployment and configuration of your applications.
- DB Compatibility: The product supports MySQL servers: 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, 3.23; MySQL Embedded servers: 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 4.1, 4.0; MariaDB 5.x
- 64-bit Development: dbExpress Driver for MySQL doesn't limit your choice of the development platform. Now you can develop for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms with Delphi.
- Monitoring: Use the freeware dbMonitor tool to monitor and analyse all the DB calls made by your application using dbExpress Driver for MySQL. dbMonitor performs percomponent tracing of SQL statement execution, commits, rollbacks, etc.
- IDE Compatibility: The product is compatible with the latest IDE versions: Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin, Delphi 10.1 Berlin and C++Builder 10.1 Berlin. It is also compatible with the previous IDE versions since Delphi 6 and C++Builder 6.
- Development Platforms: Now you can develop not only VCL-based applications in Delphi, but also use the newest FireMonkey application development platform.
- Performance: All components and libraries are designed to help you write high-performance, lightweight data access layers, therefore they use advanced data access algorithms and techniques of optimisation.
- Support: Visit the Support page to get instant support from experienced professionals, fast and detailed responses, user engagement and interaction, frequent builds with bug fixes and much more.