dotConnect for MySQL
dotConnect for MySQL is an enhanced database connectivity solution built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative technologies. With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
dotConnect for MySQL is available in the following editions:
- The Standard Edition represents a fully-featured ADO.NET data provider with design time support and advanced classes.
- The Professional Edition adds more classes, tools, technologies and integration capabilities.
- The Developer Edition combines the whole featureset with dbForge Fusion, an advanced add-in for designing databases and easily manipulating data and schema objects from your IDE.
- The Mobile Edition is equivalent to the Standard Edition for .NET Compact Framework.
- Direct Mode: Allows your application to work with MySQL directly via TCP/IP without involving MySQL client library.
- ASP.net: Implements Role, Session State, Membership, Profile, Site Map and other ASP 2.0 providers.
- Enterprise Library: Can be used in conjunction with Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.
- BIS: Enables Integration Services to export and import data to/from MySQL servers.
- Monitoring: Allows per-component tracing of database events with a free dbMonitor application.
- Compatibility: Supports MySQL servers from 3.23 and higher on .NET and .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and higher and Mono.