dotConnect for Oracle
dotConnect for Oracle, formerly known as OraDirect .NET, is an enhanced ORM enabled data provider for Oracle that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing Oracle-based database applications. It introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity and facilitates the development of database applications.
dotConnect for Oracle is available in four editions:
- The Standard Edition represents a fully-featured ADO.NET data provider with design time support and advanced classes.
- The Professional Edition adds more classes, tools, technologies and integration capabilities.
- The Developer Edition combines the whole featureset with including dbForge Fusion for Oracle Standard Edition, an advanced add-in for designing databases and easily managing data and schema objects from your IDE.
- The Mobile Edition is equivalent to the Standard Edition for .NET Compact Framework.
- Direct Mode: Allows your application to work with Oracle directly via TCP/IP without involving Oracle Client.
- ASP.net: Implements Role, Session State, Membership, Profile, Site Map and other ASP 2.0 providers.
- Enterprise Library: Can be used in conjunction with Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.
- BIS: Enables Integration Services to export and import data to/from Oracle servers.
- Monitoring: Allows per-component tracing of database events with a free dbMonitor application.
- Compatibility: Supports Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.0 and 7.3 on .NET and .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and higher and Mono.