dotConnect for SQL Server
dotConnect for SQL Server is an enhanced database connectivity solution built over ADO.NET architecture. It offers complete solution for developing database-related applications and web sites. It interoperates with all essential development tools and technologies, including Visual Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Solutions, ASP.NET Provider Model and Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block. dotConnect can be used in all areas of modern application development: web applications and services, windows forms applications, mobile and enterprise development.
- Wide Coverage of SQL Server Features: By providing access to the most advanced database functionality, dotConnect for SQL Server allows developers to harness the full capabilities of the SQL Server and optimise their database applications. dotConnect for SQL Server stands out as the set of components with the widest support of SQL Server functionality.
- Optimised Code: The goal of dotConnect for SQL Server is to enable developers to write efficient and flexible database applications. The dotConnect for SQL Server assemblies are implemented using optimised code and advanced data access algorithms. Components undergo comprehensive performance tests and are designed to help you write thin and efficient product data access layers.
- Database Application Development Extensions: dotConnect for SQL Server has rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers for typed SQL Server-specific components, toolset for live data binding, cross-form components cooperation and much more. dotConnect for SQL Server integrates tightly with Visual Studio 2008 - 2015 and Delphi.
- Both Connected and Disconnected Models: dotConnect for SQL Server combines connected and disconnected data access models in single SqlDataTable component, which allows you to design more flexible application architecture and use full power of data binding.
- Comprehensive Support for ADO.NET Technology Features: dotConnect for SQL Server supports new ADO.NET features and technologies as soon as they are released. This includes base-class-based provider model, provider factories, connection string builder, metadata schemas, asynchronous commands, pooling enhancements, batch update support, provider-specific types, server enumeration, database change notification support and so on. dotConnect for SQL Server will continue supporting the newest standards and innovations of the .NET Framework.