dotConnect for Salesforce
dotConnect for Salesforce is an ADO.NET provider for accessing data of the Salesforce.com cloud CRM and Database.com cloud database through the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. It allows you to easily integrate Salesforce data into your .NET applications and integrate Salesforce services with widely used data-oriented technologies. dotConnect for Salesforce offers local SQL engine to query Salesforce data, advanced data caching, query optimisation and other enterprise level features.
- ADO.NET: ADO.NET is a widely-used and well known way to access data that can easily be integrated with a number of data processing technologies, thus allowing you to easily create data-oriented applications.
- Powerful local SQL engine with support for SQL-92 compliant SELECT statement
- Visual Studio integration - data binding, Server Explorer, Query Builder, Data Source Configuration Wizard, etc.
- Easy access to metadata with either GetSchema method or through SQL-92 compatible information scheme
- Entity Framework: Entity Framework offers a number of advantages over using Salesforce developer API directly:
- LINQ to Entities (no need for Salesforce SOQL)
- Entity relations with lazy/eager loading
- No need to post each edited/created object separately - a single SaveChanges() call to persist all the changed objects
- SSIS Data Flow Components: dotConnect for Salesforce provides advanced Data Flow components: Devart Salesforce Source and Devart Salesforce Destination along with Salesforce Connection Manager for creating Salesforce data integration solutions for data export and import.
- Support for SQL for querying data
- Visual selecting of Salesforce objects instead of typing their names
- Native bulk protocol for loading data
- Advanced error processing
- Inserting related objects without modifying the database