The dtSearch product line can search terabytes of text across a desktop, network, the internet or an intranet site. dtSearch products also serve as tools for publishing including instant text searching of large document collections on web sites or portable media.
dtSearch is available in the following editions:
- Desktop with Spider: Provides instant searching of desktop-accessible files.
- Network with Spider: Allows for instant text and field searches across an enterprise network
- Publish (portable media): Qquickly publish an instantly searchable document collection to CD, DVD or other portable media or mirror an existing Web site to CD, DVD or other portable media.
- Web with Spider: Out-of-the-box solution for publishing instantly searchable documents in both Web-ready and other formats.
- Enginre for Linux: Lets developers quickly add dtSearch’s proven “industrial-strength” searching and file format and other data support, to applications.
- Engine for Win & .NET: Lets developers quickly add dtSearch’s proven “industrial-strength” searching and file format and other data support, to applications.
- Document filters: dtSearch products embed dtSearch’s proprietary document filters to support a broad range of data types.
- Supported data types: dtSearch’s proprietary document filters support parsing, indexing, searching and display with highlighted hits of text and metadata across a broad range of data types.
- Federated searching and the dtSearch Spider: dtSearch products provide federated search across any number of directories, emails (with nested attachments) and databases.
- Document filter APIs: All developers APIs (C++, Java and .NET through current versions) make available to developers dtSearch’s text parsing, extraction, conversion and hit-highlighting capabilities.
- Searching Multiple Data Sources:
- dtSearch products support integrated relevancy ranking with highlighted hits across both online and offline data repositories.
- Federated searching span any number of directories, emails (with nested attachments) and databases.
- The Spider adds local and remote, static and dynamic online content to a search. The Spider can index sites to any level of depth, with support for public and private or secure online content, including log-ins and forms-based authentication.