VMware vRealize Operations Manager delivers intelligent operations management with application-to-storage visibility across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. Using policy-based automation, operations teams automate key processes and improve IT efficiency.
VMware vRealise Operations is available in the following editions:
- vRealise Operations Standard: Provides intelligent vSphere operations management for businesses of all sizes. It correlates data across the vSphere environment in a unified management tool that is easy to use and competitively priced. It enables vSphere performance and capacity optimisation with predictive analytics, smart alerts and policy-based automation. The platform can be extended to multi-vendor physical servers with 3rd party management packs.
- vRealize Operations Advanced: Provides intelligent operations management across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures, from vSphere and Hyper-V to Amazon Web Services. The platform can be extended to physical compute, storage, networking and converged systems hardware, supported by 3rd party management packs. It correlates data across all infrastructure components in a unified management tool that is easy-to-use with customisable displays and reporting tailored to each team’s needs. It provides full control over performance, capacity and configuration with predictive analytics and smart alerts to drive proactive action, as well as policy-based automation.
- vRealize Operations Enterprise: Provides all the capabilities of the Advanced edition plus additional capabilities for: managing business critical applications, middleware and databases and OS-level configuration, change and regulatory compliance management capabilities.
This helps ensure quality of service, operational efficiency and enforcement of IT standards for both infrastructure and applications in physical, virtual and cloud environments. (OS-level configuration, change and regulatory compliance management capabilities are not included in vCloud Suite or vRealize Suite.)
Benefits of VMware vRealize Operations:
- Performance Management: Use intuitive and customisable dashboards, views and reports for at-a-glance access to the data required for informed, intelligent operational decisions and capacity management. Predictive analytics and smart alerts correlate multiple symptoms into meaningful warnings of potential problems - eliminating alert storms, enabling efficient cross-team collaboration and driving proactive remediation of performance issues. Intelligent workload placement displays workload utilisation and distribution and resolves resource contention by balancing workloads across clusters.
- Capacity Management and Optimisation: Reclaim overprovisioned capacity and increase utilisation with automated resource optimisation that frees you from scripts and spreadsheets. Prioritise critical workloads by defining capacity thresholds and alert conditions at a group level. Use flexible capacity modeling and project management to develop resourcing strategies according to business demand as well as SLAs.
- Application-Aware Infrastructure Management: Proactively manage virtual infrastructure with a centralised operations view that gives you insight into application-to-infrastructure dependencies. Map your running compute, storage and network resources, assess and analyse dependencies, detect variances from the norm and quickly identify root causes. Easily view health, risk and efficiency status at the group or component level and gain operational intelligence.